Sunday 13 July 2014

Mac : Pedro Lourenço : Summer spash

Pedro Lourenço from Mac was a collection I absolutely couldn't wait to get my hands on this year.  It was the one release, aside from Summer Sirens from Charlotte Tilbury, quite obviously, I have been waiting for.  The day came and I was on it like a car bonnet to get most of the items that I wanted, yum yum!


The whole collection makes me go weak at the knees, quite literally I'm now sitting down.  I managed to pick up the eyeshadow quad and 3 lipsticks.  The only product I couldn't get my hands on was the colour base, however as this is a permanent mac product, I picked it up outside of the collection.

Let's begin with the packaging, sleek and black which reminds me very much of that from Nars, with the only obvious downfall being that any marks, you may as well wave at, hellooo there!


The shades stole me, online they looked exactly the shades I would wear and in true form, they didn't disappoint! There are 2 matte shades, Pink Sands, a light fleshy peach and Rose Cloud, a soft golden beige alongside 2 frosted shades, All That Glitters, a frosted champagne with a gold pearl, and Sable, a cool frosted bronze (these 2 are some of my favourite Mac shades ever)!


For me, these colours are the bombdiggidy, you really cannot beat them too much anyway.  For those of you who like to keep it neutral on the eye, play it safe, then these 4 shades are right on par.

On to the next one, or three, the lipsticks themselves.  Allow me to introduce 3 stunnerz, with a z, all red shades.


Pedro Lourenço Lipstick in True Red, has an amplified finish and is described as a vibrant coral red, which is exactly what it is!  An extremely bright red which could be worn during the day over some lipbalm to sheer it out or in the evening with a cool bronzed smokey eye.  Upon application there was no tugging, dragging, basically no fights, leaving only an opaque sizzling lip!  Hiding within is a shimmer which gives your lips that extra va va voom, and I can see this going down a treat this Summer.



Roxo is next up in the firing line, a sultry deep blue tone lipstick with an amplified finish.  This one had me hooked!  Whilst application is straight forward, random thing to say, it was a lipstick that as it wore off left behind a stain on your lips so rather than top up you can just pop a bit of lip balm on and you're good to go.  Double winner!  The shade itself is deep, warm and perfect for those evening adventures.



The final one in the lipstick trio is Ruby, again with an amplified finish it is described as a mid-tone blue/red.  Out of all three I think this is the one which could be worn at any point throughout the day without looking too bold for the day, yet setting that statement in the evenings.  The blue tone in this means I think it would be suited on any skin tone, it is just freaking beautiful!



Each of these beautiful lipsticks costs £16.50 and in the UK they are quite difficult to hunt down on the internet but pop in to your local store and you never know, they might have some hiding!

As you'll see from the swatches below, each lipstick offers an opaque coverage, however as mentioned before, you are able to make these sheerer by popping a lip balm on first then gently gliding these across your lips.  From left to right we have True Red, Roxo and Ruby...


This is a collection to get your hands on, if you can hunt it down, this summer, so be sure to swing by your nearest Mac store!

Have you got any favourites from this collection?


xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...