Sunday 25 May 2014

My top 8 makeup brushes : revealed

Makeup brushes, they have me fascinated, no really I find them too interesting! So here we have a little insight in to those holy grail brushes, which I think are just peerfect.  In total there's 8, it was meant to be top 5 but I couldn't narrow it down, and if you don't have them already, well I could not recommend them enough, prepare yourself and put that drink down...


You'll see there's a combination of predominantly Sigma brushes, with a few Real Techniques, Mac and Bobbi Brown ones thrown in to mix it up a bit.  So let's dig in from left to right...


Sigma, F80, Flat Kabuki - my absolute go to for achieving that 'flawless finish'.  Somehow, if you know please do share, but somehow it just makes foundation application the easiest thing in the world.  To use, I pop the product on the back of my hand, dip the brush in and then simply make small downward motions all over your face.  It really is that simple, even in the dark a flawless look is achievable.

Real Techniques, Deluxe Crease Brush - although designed for eyes, I actually think this is the perfect brush for blending concealer all over the facial area, especially under my eyes, where dark circles are my excess baggage.  It doesn't leave any area where concealer is placed look cakey or thick, it just blends it in like magic.

Sigma, Large Contour Brush - what to actually say about this brush other than 'wowsers'.  It is absolutely fantastic at not only contouring those cheeks but at adding bronzer to all the high points of your face.  Along your cheeks it is the absolutely perfect size to glide along cheekbones.

Bobbi Brown, Face Blender Brush - at first I used this to apply highlighter, however, I have since found purpose for it applying blusher.  Its hairs delicately pick up just that right about of blush to be applied to your cheeks.  There's also a need to mention how soft this is, really, you may find yourself just stroking your face with it...

Sigma, F35, Tapered Highlighter - a flipping splendid brush for applying that highlighter to the tops of your cheekbones.  How this brush is shaped means you literally just have to pop the brush in to your chosen product and just dust it across your cheeks.  It is the easiest thing ever to use and is a fool-proof tool, strong words there Elaine, strong words.

Sigma, E55, Shading Brush - this brush is absolutely beyond incredible for applying any eyeshadow, creams or powders.  It absolutely packs a load of the product on to the brush to give that full colour on your lids.  If there is one brush I could keep for applying eyeshadow on a desert island, yeah, easy answer, this one!

Mac, 217, Blending Brush - you didn't think I'd leave this out did you?!  I actually find this to be ever so slightly scratchy, but daaaang it blends ridiculously well.  The finish it gives the shadows on your lids, no matter the texture is just incredible.  It's the one brush that can blend out any colour, any shade, with minimal effort.

Real Techniques, Accent Brush - My holy grail for those pencil eyeliners, kohl beasts.  There is not one day that passes where eyeliner is worn and this brush isn't used.  It is absolutely the perfect size to smudge out that harsh line and blend in to the lids, giving that more everyday look.  Basically, a must have for those kohl liners.


So there we have it folks, my top 8 brushes which at the moment, I couldn't get ready without!  If there's any you couldn't go without, let me know in the comments below, they could soon me added to my essential list...

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...