Monday 9 March 2015

Weekly makeup additions #2

It's week 2 and another time to unearth new weekly additions, but this week comes with a little twang.  As I'm heading off to Norway on Wednesday I've picked not only things that travel well and will reduce my packing and make more space for other things ... 

Anatasia Beverly Hills contour kit, Makeup Geek, Chanel vitalumiere aqua, nars lip pencil, l'oreal, Jo Malone

Anatasia Beverly Hills contour kit, Makeup Geek, Chanel vitalumiere aqua, nars lip pencil, l'oreal, Jo Malone

There would be no travelling without the brilliant Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit in light to medium which holds 3 contour colours, a light setting powder, the magnificent banana powder and a soft highlight shade.  As you can tell I've used this quite a bit (it's rather well loved), and I absolutely love it!  The middle shade on the bottom row is my favourite for a light contour giving that perfect shadow which leaves your cheekbones leaping out with a hello there.  It's packaging means minimal, if not any damage is done and it lasts a reaaaallllly long time!  You can even tailor the shades to suit your skin tone, what more could you want?!

+L'Oréal Paris UK & Ireland L'Extraordinaire Liquid Lipstick by Color Riche in 500, Molto Mauve is one of my favourites out there.  An oil based lipstick providing a high shine finish and in this shade it is my perfect lips but better with a shiny finish that has incredibly high staying power.  That's not all where it ends though, these badboys also moisturise your lips to leave them oh so kissable.  Whether to be born with a smokey eye in the evening or during the day as a lip brightener, I just love these.

Jo Malone, Lily of the Valley and Ivy Cologne, is the newest perfume addition to my collection purchased on the weekend and golly gosh folks it's just incredible.  A light floral and fresh fragrance which is perfect for daytime wear, or that could be built for a soft evening scent.  This just reminds me of Spring and with Saturdays recent sunshine I don't think it'll be longer before Mr sunshine himself makes an appearance...

Whilst I'm travelling and out exploring in Norway I don't want a heavy foundation but still would like that hint of coverage to even out my skin tone and that's exactly where +CHANEL Vitalumière Aqua in shade 20 comes in to play.  This is one of my holy grail foundations, giving a light to medium buildable coverage (with SPF 15) that just leaves your base looking absolutely flawless.  Needless to say, the packaging just screams 'pack me in your suitcase, I travel really well' ... Well, if you insist.

+NARS Cosmetics satin lip pencils are my holy grail for a bold lip fullstop with my collection ever-growing.  They glide on to the lips like an actual cloud, the colour is intense and has staying power like no other.  No exaggeration involved when I say I can go a full working day and touching up maybe once at the very most!  This one is the shade Hyde Park and is my favourite from the range, a deep berry red which can be also be used as a stain if popped over the top of a lip balm.  Perfect for the daytime or evening, it can be dressed up or down, insert the heart eye emoji.

The final piece which I'm incredibly incredibly excited about ... EEEEK.  My +Makeup Geek eyeshadow palette that leaves me wanting everything possible!!  These beauties only arrived on Friday so I've only had Saturday to play with them but I can tell you now that the first impressions left me speechless.  The pigmentation, blendability (special word moment) and amount of product in each pan was all just too much for me to handle, I wasn't prepared.  Not only this but on Saturday each shop assistant who served me in London where I had my eye makeup done and what brand I used, to which I said myself but with Makeup Geek products and they were instantly swayed!  So far folks these have left me craving them to try every shade purchased, Norway get ready for some colourful eyes.  PS.  There will be a more detailed post on these coming up soon ...

Anatasia Beverly Hills contour kit, Makeup Geek, Chanel vitalumiere aqua, nars lip pencil, l'oreal, Jo Malone



xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...