Monday 31 March 2014

March Favourites : 2014 edition

March seems to have absolutely flown by this year, but it's not gone so quickly that I'm not able to share some little stunners I've found along the way ...



Haircare

Simple, Unite Moisturizing Shampoo (£17.40) and Unite Moisturizing Conditioner (£18.80).  These two absolute crackers leave your hair feeling like pure silk after each and every wash.  Particularly good for those who either apply regular heat to your hair or for those who wack on the colour, you'll not find your hair drying out.  Instead, each block of moisture taken out shall be instantly replenished.  Result, hella impressed m'lady.


Makeup

Bobbi Brown Apricot Shimmer Brick, £32, there's a sneaky blog post to follow on this later next month, but once again Bobbi has excelled herself with this one.  Not only can it be used as a highlighter, which also gives a warm glow to your cheeks, double function, the individual colours in the brick can also be used as eyeshadows, triple use, how many uses can one product have?  You can also build up this product to give either a subtle glow for daytime use, or add a bit more for an evening look.  This is a little ole fact for you now, every time when I have gone out at night wearing this has someone has asked me what is on my cheeks.  The answer, of course 'Bobbi Brown Apricot Shimmer Brick!'


Topshop lipstick, Beatnik.  Topshop have been amazing me lately with their range of lipsticks, which up until very recently I hadn't even taken a tiny peek at, why is now beyond me.  This shade is perfect for a daytime neutral which gives that extra bit of colour on top of your natural lip colour, that isn't too overpowering.  Very quickly now this has become an absolute essential for my daytime makeup look.  The textures are creamy, no dragging just one simple swipe that shall cover your lips with a lovely pigmented shade.  Simples! This doesn't seem to be showing up on the Topshop website but I only picked mine up a few months ago at £8.



Charlotte Tilbury Rock 'n' Kohl Eyeliner, Barbarella Brown (£19).  There's no need to remind you again of my love for Charlotte Tilbury, especially when it comes to her Rock 'n' Kohl eyeliners.  Seriously, they're that good that you actually want to wear eyeliner all the time!  The application is effortless, they blend incredibly well and the staying power is like no other.  They easily surpass the gym test, yes yes, it is still in place after a gruelling workout.  Imagine the ultimate liquid liner in a pencil, now imagine no further and check this beauty out!


Nars, Deep Throat, £21.50, another insider of a future separate post, but I shall tell you that this blusher is effortlessly beautiful.  The colour is a subtle pink, which leaves your cheeks with the right amount of flush!  Again, staying power, as always, with Nars is incredible.  This is a must for all skin tones, as in my opinion it can be easily built up for a stronger look without being too overpowering on those with a fairer skin tone.


Giorgio Armani, Luminous Silk Foundation, shade 4, £35.50. I had forgotten how incredible this foundation was until I dipped my toes back in to this month, being in the middle of dewy/matte, this foundation lasts all day and is buildable if you fancy more than a light/medium coverage.  The only downside, no SPF, so make sure you pop on that suncream before hand!  I also love to mix this with a drop of the Giorgio Armani, Fluid Sheer Skin Illuminator, shade 2, £35.50 which adds that extra added glow to your face.  Irresistible! 


Music

A random entry to put in March favourites, however, this month for some reason I've really been catching up on my Rihanna.  With the sun coming out, it must make me want to run through a flower field with vibrant red hair, as well as providing me with that added motivation to get to the gym!



Now, it is time for me to get working on Affordable April, splendid evening/day and catch you all later...

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...