Wednesday 10 June 2015

Gerard Cosmetics 1995 lipstick review

Gerard Cosmetics is a brand I was introduced to via the net from the Makeup Queen herself, +Jaclyn Hill, YAAAASSSSSSSS ladies!!!  So when I finally decided to purchase (aka caved) 1995, the lipstick created by Jacyln herself my levels of excitement hit record levels.

Gerard Cosmetics 1995 lipstick, Jaclyn Hill


Inspired from the grunge era 1995, (the Kylie Jenner of lipsticks), is a muted matte brown which would suit a multitude of skin tones.  It glides on to the lips, no dragging, no gathering and has standing powder like strong stilettos, this badboy lasts.  With any matte lipstick there is a slight drying to the lips, but I'm yet to find a matte lipstick that doesn't do that ... a simple pop of vaseline, lip balm, a lip gloss and you're ready to rock and roll again.  My favourite lipgloss to pair this with is Ibiza Nights from +Charlotte Tilbury. 

Gerard Cosmetics 1995 lipstick, Jaclyn Hill swatch

Gerard Cosmetics 1995 lipstick, Jaclyn Hill swatch

As you'll see, on my skin tone it does also have this beautiful almost terracotta tinge which sends me weak at the knees!!!

 Overall I freaking adore the colour of this lipstick and absolutely love to pair this with a simple eye for a night out, whether it be drinks, dinner or a bit of a boogy! 


xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...