Wednesday 9 April 2014

Soap & Glory gives you Thick & Fast Lashes?

It is nothing new that +Soap & Glory get a lot of thumbs up about their makeup collection, so it felt only right to try their Thick & Fast Lashes mascara, obviously this is mascara!


With the name quite clearly stating what this mascara does, make your lashes appear thicker and quickly , it was time to get down and dirty, okay get playing!

In the past I have found drugstore mascara extremely difficult to get right.  Basically, I find it tricky to find one that actually ticks all the boxes - length, thickness, not flakey, separates and curls.  My everyday is Charlotte Tilburys Full Fat Lashes (£22.00), so with Soap & Glory offering a product that also thickens lashes, giving that false lash effect and doesn't flake I thought I had landed the golden ticket.


On first impressions you may think the brush is broken, or wonder how it actually goes away in its home, the tube... or maybe mine was just rather broken upon purchase, who knows.


Your eyes are not deceiving you, the image above shows the brush at an angle and if this is correct then I would say the aim is that you are able to get right in to those corners.  Something you definitely can do, however, it is quite thick so be careful not to poke yourself in to the eye!  If this isn't how the brush is meant to be, then that's a shame as it is one of the only positives I found with this.

Unfortunately for me, the brush allowing you to get right in to those nook and crannies is the only winning aspect of this mascara.  Even when applying lashings of the stuff to my lashes it didn't appear to make them thicker or longer, something which even the packaging heavily promotes.  Maybe this is due to the lack of product which grips to the bristles.  If my thoughts are correct the amount of this mascara needed to give the effects you want would probably mean you weren't able to open your eyes...


There is another plus of this mascara, it did pass the gym test and not bleed, however I'm not sure if this is because there was very little mascara left on my lashes after a day at work...

If I'm completely honest, there isn't much more to say about this, other than it definitely didn't do what it promotes on any of the packaging.  There were no signs of thick lashes and definitely nothing quick about getting them either!

Unfortunately this product just didn't do anything for me, and for £10.99 I'm glad I managed to get it whilst there was a 3 for 2 offer on at Boots.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...