Thursday 27 December 2012

Christmas Nails 2012

Merry Christmas everyone!

I have found in the past that not many nail varnishes manage to last on my nails, but these Ciaté nail pots are magical and last.  As a result, I have to be honest, I am now a Ciaté nail varnish-aholic. 

During this jolly season I treated myself to a Ciaté Mini Mani Month advent calendar - naughty I know but most definitely worth it and of course, it would have been rude not to..!  In order to make the most of this beautiful creation I thought it only made sense to play around and make many different Christmas nail designs!

Take a look at the piccie below - I've used snippets of just 4 designs I painted on my nails.  As you can see, there's a forest of colours and textures which can be seen below.   


At the time of doing these nails I didn't have any nail art pens, dotting tools or stripers, so here's a little secret, hair pins and cocktail sticks, and they aren't half bad tools!  The only finger which had a sneaky helping hand was the red and green striped thumb nail which was simply created using a bit of masking tape.

Looking at the snapshot from the picture below here is a list from left to right with the colours I used:



Ciaté - Magic Carpet
Ciaté – Headliner
Ciaté – Caviar Pearls, Prom Queen
Ciaté – Ladylike Luxe
Ciaté – Enchanted Rose
Models Own – 3 in 1
Models Own – Snow White
Ciaté – Harlequin sequined manicure set
Max Factor - Max Colour Effects Mini, Graffiti
Ciaté – Caviar Manicure, Mother of Pearl
Models Own – Lime Green
Nails Inc – Jermyn Street
Ciaté –Twilight
Ciaté – Dangerous Affair
Ciaté – Caviar Pearls, Candyshop
Ciaté – Mistress
Ciaté – Glass Slipper

So now you all know how easy it is to create such simple yet fun looks using only cocktail sticks and hair pins, go get playing and let's see lots of jazz everywhere :)

Keep enjoying your festive holidays!

Christmas hugs,

Elaine KS
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...